Through this programme, the student receives a solid training in business development models in the biotechnology sector, capital acquisition, licensing and regulation, among other important aspects for start-ups.
The American education system provides students with the scientific and technical English necessary for their professional development on an international level and the stimulation of critical thinking.
After the 5 months of study, students undertake a full-time internship in a US company to put their new knowledge into practice.
At the end of the programme, students obtain a postgraduate certificate: "Advanced Graduate Certificate in International Business" issued by Boston University, and may apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) if they wish.
The city of Boston
Today, the city is home to what is arguably the world's most important biotechnology cluster, including many research laboratories, large pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology, healthcare and gene editing companies.
Boston University, the 4th largest private university in the United States, has 180 years of history and one of the most traditional and internationally recognised campuses.
Boston University boasts 8 Nobel Prizes, 23 Pulitzer Prizes and the National Book Award, among others. It also boasts New York Times best-selling authors and hundreds of nationally renowned scholars in every discipline. It ranks among the world's top universities in employability.
BU is ranked in the following major university rankings:
- No. 42 best U.S. university. U.S.News-Best National University Rankings 2022.
- 62nd best university in the world. Times Higher Education-The World University Rankings 2022.
- 94th best university in the world. Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) 2020-2021.
- 95th best university in the world / 37th best American university. Shanghai Ranking-Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2021.
- 112th best university in the world. QS World University Rankings 2022.
The School - Metropolitan College
Boston University Metropolitan College (MET) was founded in 1965. For half a century, its mission has been to expand the influence of Boston University, ensuring that the resources of a leading research university are accessible to the community and the world through the exchange of ideas and a spirit of innovation.
During the second semester of their 4th year of study at USPCEU, students in the programme will study:
- Business of Biotechnology
And 3 subjects to choose from:
- Financial Concepts
- Project Management
- International Business, Economics and Cultures
- The Innovation Process
As well as:
- 1 subject to choose from among the subjects of the Administrative Sciences Department at BU.
And, at the end of the academic period at BU, you will do:
- Supervised internship in companies (three months)
Students are eligible for an additional 12-month internship (OPT), not included in the programme fee, after completion of the programme. To be eligible for an internship, students must apply through Boston University.
Students benefit from two different and complementary educational methods that, combined, provide them with a global vision and a capacity to adapt that will be highly valued when it comes to accessing the labour market.