Clinical methodology allows for connecting theoretical knowledge with reality through practice. The Pro Bono CEU Legal Clinic of Universidad CEU San Pablo Law School lets students knowing about specific situations in relation to citizens, who could end up being subjects of their future professional activities.
Through the Legal Clinic Activities:
- The students will take care of a social project. For this reason, they will be in direct contact with a Law firm pro bono service and with a Third Sector entity.
- The student will work with other students, and they will be supervised by a practicing lawyer and a Professor from the Law School.
- Every project’s activities mean an incentive for the student to learn coordination skills, and cover the different stages and commitment levels of professional work.
- The student that offers this service in a responsible way, will receive the corresponding credits for the transfer of a 3 ECTS optional subject (credit transfer only available for the 2022/23 academic year).
- Clinical methodology facilitates interdisciplinarity, since not only the diversity of legal subjects, but also other areas of knowledge an experience must be taken into account.
Thought the Clinic, the School commits to its social responsibility, at the same time it fosters that same responsibility in students that voluntarily commit to providing those pro bono services. This way, with our pro bono services, we contribute to making university activities present in social reality.
Therefore, the Clinic facilitates the consolidation of teams, participating in networks, associations, and communities: the opportunity to work in other national and international clinics will be offered.
Finally, the Pro Bono CEU Legal Clinic will contribute to develop innovation in students learning since they will be able to practice methodologies such as ‘service learning’ and ‘case methodology’. Precisely, Pro Bono CEU Legal Clinic of the Law School will develop the design, execution, and evaluation of every project through signatures based on service learning methodology (APS).