Frequent Ask Questions

How do I apply for a place at the CEU USP?

You can apply here. The application form is available for international students in Spanish, English and French.

What documents are required to be able to study a Bachelor degree at the CEU USP?

Normally, first-year students who have never studied at a university before have to submit their last three years of secondary school and the final diploma.

If you have already gone up to University in your country of origin, we will ask you to provide additional documentation on the courses you have taken.

In addition, the process includes an interview and assessment of your prior knowledge and linguistic competences.

Do you require a minimum mark in order to study a Bachelor degree at the CEU USP?

We do not require a minimum mark or grade, since these are considered alongside your academic and personal curriculum. For this reason, we recommend that all additional documentation required in the admission process (assessment of prior knowledge) be prepared very carefully.

In qualifications where the demand is very high, such as Medicine, Dentistry and International Programmes, special selection processes are in place and your marks are taken into account for selection.

I have heard that an accreditation or Credential is required to be able to study at university. What is this and how do I obtain it?

The credential is a document required by foreigners wishing to study at a Spanish University. Our International Student Support Services include assistance to help students obtain this accreditation. By submitting your academic documentation to the CEU USP you will be able to obtain this document enabling you to study at a Spanish University.

If you have already studied at a foreign institution in Europe, the accreditation is obtained through the Spanish Distance Learning University (, but if your foreign studies were not in Europe, the accreditation or credential is managed through the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport (

*Service included in International Support Services.

I have already taken part of my degree at a university in another country. Can I obtain recognition of my credits?

Yes. In order to access the university through prior university-level studies, we need to recognize that you have obtained at least 30 ECTS credits. In addition, you will be able to request further credit recognition or transfer if you have studied for a degree similar to what you are going to study at the CEU USP.

I have not yet completed secondary education and I don’t have my final diploma. Can I still apply for a place?

If you are in the last year of your secondary education during the 2016-2017 academic year, you may be given conditional acceptance to the CEU USP without submitting the documentation required for access to Spanish Universities. Your definitive acceptance will be given once you have submitted all of the documentation required. If you completed secondary education the last academic year, you should also submit this accreditation document (Credential).

What do you mean when you ask for certified copies?

At the CEU USP we cannot store the originals of your documents as you must retain these in your possession, so we ask for certified copies. These are copies stamped by a notary public or by the Spanish consulate or embassy in your country.

What do you mean when you ask for legalized copies?

All academic documentation from non-European students must be authenticated by means of diplomatic legalization or else through a Sole Legalization under the Hague Convention. Diplomatic legalization requires a series of stamps from the following bodies (in the order indicated):

  • The Ministry of Education in the country of origin for degrees, study transcripts and qualifications, and at the corresponding Ministry for birth and nationality certificates.
  • The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents in question were issued.
  • The diplomatic or consular representation of Spain in that country.

If you have studied in one of the countries contemplated in the Hague Convention, this authentication process can be done more simply through the Sole Legalization or Apostille of the Hague.

Do I have to submit certified translations of all the documents that are not in Spanish?

The academic documentation of non-European students must be translated into Spanish as well as legalized.

This certified translation can be done:

  • By a certified translator (“traductor jurado”), duly authorized or registered in Spain.
  • By any diplomatic or consular representation of Spain abroad.
  • By the diplomatic or consular representation of Spain in the country of which the applicant is a citizen or, where applicable, the country of origin of the document.
  • By a certified translator abroad whose signature has been duly legalized.

The admission process includes an interview. In which language?

The interview will take place in the language of the degree course you are planning to study.

Can I visit the university whenever I want? Is there an official Open Day?

Yes, we organize Open Days at which you can come and meet other candidates, visit the University facilities, get to know our International and Admissions Team, and meet some of the lecturers in the Schools you are planning to study at.

Frequent Ask Questions

Who will welcome me to the university?

At the University you will have several departments looking out for your arrival and your integration into University life. You will mainly be helped by the International Students Admissions and Support Services.

Do foreign students study alongside Spaniards?

Normally, yes. In all of our first-degree courses we accept foreign students who study alongside Spanish students. In the case of international degree programmes (i.e. in languages other than Spanish), there are sometimes also Spanish students enrolled, as in the case of Dentistry, Architecture or Physiotherapy.

When do the classes begin?

Classes normally begin in the first week of September. During the first few days of term, we organize welcome sessions to help you settle into the University and the city of Madrid better.

Does the University offer Spanish language courses? And any other languages?

Yes. We have our own Language Center offering courses to learn Spanish, French, English, German and Chinese. As an international student, the Support Services include a course in Spanish of 20 hours.

*Service included in International Support Services.

Is there any system for me to validate my linguistic abilities in Spanish?

Yes. The CEU USP is a “DELE” examination center approved by the Cervantes Institute (DELE = Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language).

You will be able to obtain the DELE Diploma corresponding to the level attained.

What subjects am I going to study?

You can view the syllabus on the website. The courses are organized into the following subject types: Basic Training, Compulsory Subjects, Optional Subjects, Practical Sessions and Degree Project.

How can I find out which class I need to be in and my subject timetables?

When you arrive at the CEU USP, you will receive full details of your qualification and you will also be able to call on your academic tutor. Your academic tutor will help you understand the syllabus, timetables, etc. In addition, each School provides guidance through the Degree Office.

Where can I find a map of the university?

On our International website you will find maps of the Moncloa Campus and the Montepríncipe Campus.

Who will help me if I encounter difficulties during my university studies?

The CEU USP has a professional Psychology Office. This service is provided by a team of professional psychologists and advisers who can help you if you run into difficulties while studying. In addition, this service also organizes workshops and seminars to help you improve your academic results.

Do all courses include practical sessions?

Yes. All of the degree courses include practical subjects. In addition, the Professional Careers Center will help you find practical internships with companies.

Do I have to complete my practical training in Spain or can I do it abroad?

You can do your internships anywhere in the world. If you decide to do them in Europe, you will be able to participate in the Erasmus programme. If you want to go outside Europe, there are other programmes that help you complete internships.

Do I have to find my own internships / practical experience?

You are free to look for something on your own and we at the University will help you handle the bureaucracy that is needed to formalize your internship and ensure it is recognized.

Is it possible to study through an exchange agreement and spend a year at another Spanish or foreign university?

Yes. The CEU USP has collaboration agreements in place with other universities.

  • SICUE programme: spend an academic year at another Spanish university
  • Erasmus + programme: study for 5 months at another European university
  • Exchange Program: study at a non-European university for one semester or an entire academic year.

How much does it cost to study a Bachelor degree at the CEU USP?

Each degree has its own cost. In general, the total cost can be broken down into:

  • Selection Process (just for transfer students): € 60
  • Provisional admission: € 595
  • International Support Services (optional) – € 350
  • Enrollment Fees: € 1.295
  • Tuition: depending on the Degree. Tuition fees have to be paid monthly (from October to June normally)

Do all the courses cost the same each year? Can I know now how much my entire degree at the CEU USP will cost me?

The prices are subject to approval from year to year. This means we cannot know at the moment how much you will pay in the 2017-2018 academic year. However, the variations in the fees are almost negligible, so they will not represent an obstacle for you to continue studying.

What are the International Support Services and how much do they cost? Is it compulsory to pay for them?

The support services available to international students are a number of Services offered by the University to help students from abroad with academic and legal steps that need to be taken.

The international student support services have a cost of € 350.

It is not compulsory to pay for these services, but we can assure you that the services provided are very useful for your first few weeks among us.

How do I pay the university fees?

The pre-inscription fee is normally paid when the candidate has completed the admission process and has been given provisional acceptance, and then the enrollment fees when the student has been definitively accepted. Tuition fees are paid monthly, from October to June.

Can I spread the total over several payments or must it be in a lump-sum?

You can choose to pay the total in fewer months, but not in more. The last payment must be made in June at the latest.

If I become ill, is there a doctor at the University? What are the opening hours?

Yes, we have a health-care service at both the Moncloa Campus and the Montepríncipe Campus.

They are available from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Moncloa Campus

Calle Julián Romea 18

28003 Madrid

Tel.: 915 140 400


Montepríncipe Campus

Urbanización Montepríncipe

28925 Alcorcón (Madrid)

Tel.: 917 151 569

Fax: 91-351 04 75

Dña. Mª Luisa Barber Baldó

Does the University offer me any sports activities?

Yes. The sports service provides students with sports activities.

Is there a cafeteria at the University?

Yes. We have cafeterias on both campuses.

How much does a set meal cost at lunch-time?

A full lunch menu (two main courses, beverage and dessert) costs around € 6.

Frequent Ask Questions

Once I complete my studies, will my degree be valid in my country?

The CEU USP is a privately-owned university that issues Official Degrees. This means that your qualification is valid throughout the European Higher Education Area and will be recognized anywhere in the world. In the case of qualifications for certain professions, such as physicians or dentists, you will have to enquire, in each country where you wish to practice, whether you need anything else apart from the degree diploma to exercise the profession.

Is it possible to specialize after completing the Bachelor degree?

Yes. The CEU USP has an extensive range of Master ’s Degrees that will supplement your training and turn you into a specialist.

Can I work directly after I graduate or will I have to study a master’s degree?

That depends on the profession you choose. There are some professions that require a postgraduate qualification, such as, for example, the practice of law. In most cases, however, a first degree is generally sufficient